CVS Coupon Policy
CVS/Pharmacy Coupon Policy
- latest update October 2, 2012 -
CVS/pharmacy coupons (ExtraBucks® Rewards and ExtraCare® Coupons) and Third Party Manufacturer Coupons are accepted in our retail stores in accordance with the following guidelines:
- CVS/pharmacy does not accept expired coupons.
- Coupons cannot be exchanged for cash or gift cards.
- Third Party Manufacturer coupons are issued by a third party and sales tax may be charged on pre-coupon price.
- CVS/pharmacy does not accept coupons for items not carried in our stores.
- CVS/pharmacy only accepts ExtraBucks Rewards applicable to the ExtraCare card offered at time of purchase.
- CVS/pharmacy does not currently accept coupon bar code images displayed on a Smartphone, iPhone, Droid etc.
- The total value of the coupons may not exceed the value of the transaction. Sales tax must be paid, if required by state law.
- Certain CVS/pharmacy coupons may be subject to state sales tax rules similar to Third Party Manufacturer Coupons and sales tax may be charged on pre-coupon price
- Language at the bottom of CVS/pharmacy coupons provides specific coupon acceptance rules.
- Any coupon offer not covered in these guidelines may be accepted at the discretion of CVS management.
- CVS/pharmacy will accept manufacturer coupons for an item that is on sale.
- CVS/pharmacy will not accept percent off coupons for an item that is on sale.
In the event that any item’s price is less than the value of the coupon, CVS/pharmacy will only accept the coupon only to the price of the item. CVS/pharmacy does not provide cash back in exchange for any coupons.
- CVS/pharmacy accepts one manufacturer coupon and applicable CVS/pharmacy coupon(s) per item, unless prohibited by either coupon offer.
- There is no limit to the number of ExtraBucks Rewards that may be used in a transaction as long as it does not exceed the transaction total.
- The number of manufacturer coupons used in a transaction may not exceed the number of items in the transaction.
- The coupon amount will be reduced if it exceeds the value of the item after other discounts or coupons are applied. (For example, a $5.00 coupon for a $4.99 item will result in a $4.99 coupon value).
- CVS/pharmacy accepts multiple identical coupons for multiple qualifying items as long as there is sufficient stock to satisfy other customers, unless a limit is specified. Management reserves the right to limit the quantity of items purchased.
- CVS/pharmacy reserves the right to process coupons in any order.
- CVS/pharmacy accepts multiple Dollar off Transaction coupons (e.g. $3 off $15) in one transaction if they apply
- Ex. Customer may use two 3 off $15 coupons if they are purchasing over $30.00
Buy One, Get One Free Coupons
- Sales tax must be paid for any Buy One, Get One Free coupon offer, if required by applicable state laws.
- Two coupons may be used on a Buy One, Get One Free promotion as long as it does not exceed the item total
Ex. Suave Shampoo is on sale for $2.00 Buy One, Get One Free and the customer is purchasing two shampoos; customer may use two coupons for $1.00 each and pay the applicable tax.
- Buy One, Get One Free promotions may be combined with Buy One, Get One Free Coupons. Customers are responsible for paying applicable tax
Ex. Suave Shampoo is on sale for $2.00 BOGO and customer has a MFG coupon for Suave BOGO. Customer will receive both items for free but will need to pay any applicable tax.
Internet/Print at Home Coupons
- CVS/pharmacy accepts internet/print at home coupons that include a barcode.
- CVS/pharmacy will not accept reproductions or rebates